Seeking recommendations for library website developers

Vicky Varga VVarga at EPL.CA
Thu Feb 11 17:30:46 EST 2016

Hi Inge,

We worked with Bibliocommons to develop our new website, which launched in late 2015:
http://www.epl.ca/
As Bibliocommons is also the vendor that supplies our OPAC, we have tight integration between the website and catalogue. We are also working on SSO with Bibliocommons to further unify the online user experience.
That being said, Bibliocommons is not cheap, and so I am not certain if this would make sense from a budget perspective for you. They are a Canadian company, however, and the exchange rate is currently very much in your favour!
Please let me know if you have any questions about our experience and I’ll put you in touch with those who worked on this project directly.

Take care,
Vicky

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D164DF.A31CE700]<http://www.epl.ca/cityoflearners/>
                VICKY VARGA
                MANAGER, IT CUSTOMER SERVICE
                IT SERVICES

                T: 780.496.1835   F: 780.496.8317   C: 780.914.9876
                vvarga at epl.ca

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Inge Kokidko
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:15 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Seeking recommendations for library website developers

We are looking for a website development company to outsource our site design. We would like one with expertise in a CMS (preferably Drupal or Wordpress), and are most interested in those with experience developing sites for public libraries. We are a mid-sized library with no dedicated web-content staff. So we are looking for a low-maintenance solution that will fit within our budget.

I would be interested in hearing experiences and recommendations from those of you who have hired outside firms to handle your site design and development.

--
Inge Kokidko
Systems Librarian, Head of Information Technology

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-02-11