Library Digital Signage Displays - Networking

Junior Tidal JTidal at CITYTECH.CUNY.EDU
Wed Sep 16 09:53:16 EDT 2015

Hi Dana,

We use the open source version of Screenly - https://www.screenlyapp.com/ose/ .

We have two plasma screens connected to a Raspberry Pi where Screenly is installed. There are on the network, and they use a web interface to drop images into the slide show. Images also can be activated or expired at set dates and time. The interface is pretty easy to use and mobile friendly, so you could theoretically upload pictures from a mobile device.

What's also nice is that you can also post URLs and not just images.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Junior

Junior Tidal
Associate Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street, Rm A434
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> "Vinke, Dana" <DVinke at TORRANCECA.GOV> 9/15/2015 5:31 PM >>>
Hi,

I would like to improve the way we are handling our Digital Signage Displays.

Currently we are using PowerPoint slides, changing them to JPEG, then loading them on the display via USB. We have six locations with flat screens at each.

We would like to network our signage to make things easier.  Does anyone using Digital Signage use software or a service to coordinate slideshows via the Internet? We are hoping for something that would be low cost, accessible, and relatively easy for staff to use without a lot of training?

Thank you,

Dana Vinke
Dana Vinke | Principal Librarian of Operations| Torrance Public Library | 3301 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90503 |310.618.5955 voice | 310.618.5952 FAX | DVinke at TorranceCa.<mailto:dvinke at torranceCa.gov>Gov | www.Library.TorranceCa.Gov<https://wmail.torranceca.gov/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-09-15