Weeding Content on Library Website

Lolis, John jlolis at WHITEPLAINSNY.GOV
Wed Jul 29 18:13:08 EDT 2015

We also use WordPress for our website.  I found a plugin called Post
Expirator that allows us to set an expiration date and time.  As for the
expired actions it can take, you can set it per post to delete, save as
private, save as a draft, or remove, add or replace one or more
categories.  It works well for us.

As for a content retention policy, we don't delete posts, but instead keep
them available in a post archive.  A typical scenario is where we have a
post removed from the "Featured" category so that it no longer appears on
our homepage or digital signage.  We also have what are called "evergreen"
posts that will always be relevant, and that we cycle through from time to
time.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems
White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

http://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
go into the other room and read a book.*     Groucho Marx