Touchscreen approach to JournalTocs & CrossRef

Daniel Zimmel zimmel at COLL.MPG.DE
Fri May 30 08:14:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

we just released some early code for a responsive design interface to the JournalTocs and CrossRef APIs, running in our intranet on a huge touchscreen besides the "new journals" shelf. Whenever I peek around the corner, our scholars seem to enjoy it so far.

If anyone is interested in contributing better code, feel free to send me a message.
If the code base is too messy for you, we might still enjoy seeing forks and re-implementations of the idea.
A huge problem is still getting/marking reliable updates from the APIs. Right now, we try some basic checking with the JournalTocs Premium API.

Demo:
http://www.coll.mpg.de/bib/jtdemo-public/

http://bibliocoll.github.io/JournalTouch/

Best, Daniel

--
Daniel Zimmel                              Tel. +49 228 91416-17

Max Planck Institute for
Research on Collective Goods, Bonn                ||/| Library