Laptop Recommendations

Riley Childs riley at TFSGEO.COM
Thu May 22 10:11:17 EDT 2014

I recommend Lenovo, very reliable laptops

Riley Childs
Student
Asst. Head of IT Services
Charlotte United Christian Academy
(704) 497-2086
RileyChilds.net
 Sent from my Windows Phone, please excuse mistakes

-----Original Message-----
From: "Art Gutierrez" <agutierr at EMPORIA.EDU>
Sent: ‎5/‎22/‎2014 10:04 AM
To: "WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU" <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Laptop Recommendations

Hi Alison,
We have had very good luck with the Latitude line of laptops from Dell.  I would encourage you to call and talk with a salesperson in order to get a better deal on pricing especially if you are ordering say 6 or more laptops.  Also if you cannot get the price down you may be able to get warranty coverage for the battery or something else.  I will say that we have had issues with the AC adapters sort of falling apart but we use these laptops for student checkout so they are sort of used and abused.  We typically use the laptops for just over 3 years.  I think we have the 14” size.

Thanks

Art Gutierrez
Head of Systems and Technical Services
Assistant Professor