Laptop Recommendations

Art Gutierrez agutierr at EMPORIA.EDU
Thu May 22 09:58:44 EDT 2014

Hi Alison,
We have had very good luck with the Latitude line of laptops from Dell.  I would encourage you to call and talk with a salesperson in order to get a better deal on pricing especially if you are ordering say 6 or more laptops.  Also if you cannot get the price down you may be able to get warranty coverage for the battery or something else.  I will say that we have had issues with the AC adapters sort of falling apart but we use these laptops for student checkout so they are sort of used and abused.  We typically use the laptops for just over 3 years.  I think we have the 14" size.

Thanks

Art Gutierrez
Head of Systems and Technical Services
Assistant Professor
Emporia State University
Agutierr at emporia dot edu
620-341-6205

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Pruntel,Alison
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:16 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Laptop Recommendations

*Excuses for cross-posting to multiple lists*

I am looking for recommendations for sturdy laptops we can use for public computer training, staff use offsite and during our summer reading program (we set up stations to specifically allow use for logging books in our summer reader database).

Requirements include Win 7+ OS, MS Office, wireless.

Thanks in advance,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library