Hosting Services: Dedicated? VPS? Own?

Cary Gordon listuser at CHILLCO.COM
Sun May 11 11:54:29 EDT 2014

I have recent experience with Linode, and it hasn’t been wonderful. The company is fine, but getting a good fit with their offerings is difficult.

We are AWS partners and big fans. When we started with AWS, seven years ago, it was a pig in a poke and it was difficult to configure. Now, their offerings are well defined, and most services can be managed through their control panels. With AWS, you can get exactly what you need, where you need it. You can try a configuration, and if it is too big or too small, you can resize it with only a few minutes of downtime.

Cary