ezproxy

Lynn Floyd lfloyd at ANDERSONLIBRARY.ORG
Tue Jun 10 17:17:03 EDT 2014

I have created something similar to this for testing purposes, and if our
web design team inadvertently changes a URL of a database, I have the
correct URL in a basic webpage that I can correct the link on the website
without having to re do the link from scratch.

I know several other people have done this also.  You may want to ask this
question on the Ezproxy listserv.  You can join it here:
http://www.oclc.org/support/services/ezproxy/documentation/list.en.html

Lynn Floyd
lfloyd at andersonlibrary.org
Anderson County Library
864-260-4500 x181
http://www.andersonlibrary.org <http://www.andersonlibrary.org/>

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On
Behalf Of Linda Evans
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:28 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] ezproxy

Our library consortium of 4 libraries is working to improve access to our
databases and we want to streamline the login process through Ezproxy.
Ideally we would use a form whereby users would identify their library and
add their barcode. Once validated they would be returned to a page listing
all of the databases their library has access to. This would replace the
model of clicking on a database link, entering their barcode to be
authenticated and then being forwarded to only that database.

Has anyone successfully implemented something like this?

Linda M. Evans
817-459-6797
Arlington Public Library
CATSV Administrator