LibGuides search function for updating content?

Brunelle, Mary H. (Library) mbrunelle at ASSUMPTION.EDU
Wed Jul 30 14:17:00 EDT 2014

Hello:

Does anyone have a good way of searching LibGuides for finding content that needs to be updated?  We know about the search and replace function, but that works best for direct 1-to-1 changes.  This does not always work for us.  For example, we need to find every guide that has the old WorldCat Local search box code, in order to replace it with our new WorldCat Discovery search box code.  It is not going to be a simple search and replace job.  Another example would be when we phase out a particular service; we simply want to find the guides that feature that service and delete the content, not replace it with anything.

I am experimenting with Google's Advanced Search and limiting to our LibGuides site.  But I fear this is not necessarily exhaustive, and I do not think this would work for finding snippets of code on the back-end.

How do you stay on top of changes to LibGuide content?

Thank you.

Mary Brunelle
Assumption College

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/