CFP in Midwest Region - Library Hacks: New Roles, New Tech, New Spaces

Heather Rayl 23eris at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 30 09:23:36 EDT 2014

*[apologies for cross posting]*

*Call for Proposals!*

The Indiana Online Users Group <http://www.iolug.org/> (IOLUG) Program
Committee invites you to submit a proposal to present at the Fall 2014
IOLUG program: “Library Hacks: New Roles, New Tech, New Spaces” on
Thursday, October 30, 2014, at Indiana Wesleyan in Indianapolis, IN. The
deadline for proposals is Friday, September 5th, 2014 Get some inspiration
from previous years’ sessions on the IOLUG Website.
<http://www.iolug.org/conferences.html>

Whether it be changes to our roles as librarians, changes in the technology
we use to perform our jobs and that we teach our patrons how to use, or
changes to our very library environments, the Library is a constantly
changing and evolving entity. Our Fall Program theme is "Library Hacks: New
Roles, New Tech, New Spaces," and the IOLUG Program Committee is interested
in hearing about ways that you "hack" the way you perform your role, how
you design your spaces, or how you find and utilize emerging technologies.
What new ideas are you implementing to make you or your library more
relevant and engaging to those you serve?

The committee is particularly interested in proposals that address:

·         Grassroots approaches to doing things differently

·         New Library Spaces - changing/adapting/modifying your physical or
digital systems

·         MOOCs

·         Innovation and innovative ideas

·         Digital Literacy

·         Hacking Librarianship - new roles/philosophies/opportunities

·         Emerging Technologies - how we use and find them to educate
ourselves and/or our patrons

·         Library Collaborations - with community organizations, other
departments on campuses, other schools or academic institutions, etc.

·         User Experience or User-Oriented Design

·         Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)

·         Media Center Innovations

·         Assessment

Submit your proposal using the online form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dDkzd2lRWnVjSTFGb1ZKc2tMdGRzU2c6MA#gid=0>by
*Friday, September 5th.*

*Heather Rayl*

*Emerging Technology Librarian*