Interactive content for digital signage

Bellmore, Eric N. bellm1en at CMICH.EDU
Fri Jul 18 11:14:41 EDT 2014

Davic,

Are you developing this in house or buying something? We are just starting to play with some Raspberry Pi boards with intentions of using touch screens with them for something similar. I'm interested in how others are doing this. We currently have digital message boards that are not interactive; these would be in addition to those.

-eric

Eric Bellmore, GWAPT
Manager of Web Services
Central Michigan University Libraries
http://library.cmich.edu
989.774.3946

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of David S Vose
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 10:36 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Interactive content for digital signage

We will be installing interactive digital signs in our main library this fall. One sign will be at our entrance and one will be in the lobby. The draft plan is to provide interactivity that will allow patrons to browse to floor plans, hours and schedules, directories, a campus map, and an "about the libraries" section.

I would be interested to learn what type of interactive content others have found to be most popular and useful to students and what interactive content did not turn out to be particularly successful.

Thanks,

David Vose | Geography, Data, Government Information, Law Binghamton University Libraries, POB 6012, Binghamton, NY 13902-6012 dvose at binghamton.edu | 607.777.4907 | Downtown Center: 607.777.9275

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-07-18