Wireless upgrade project

Cary Gordon listuser at CHILLCO.COM
Fri Dec 12 12:46:25 EST 2014

You might want to share some info on your library, as the specifics of an RFP will differ depending on size, layout, audience and number of locations among other factors.

Logging is something that you want to consider carefully. You should specify (and do) as little as possible.

There are several questions surrounding portals that you and/or your town’s legal department need to address. Will you want users to:
Log in? Using their barcodes and a password?
Sign off on terms & conditions?
Have a time limit?
Have a bandwidth or data transfer limit?
These all involve hardware and/or software infrastructure, and could be expensive to change once the system is installed.

Cary