Wireless upgrade project

Cab Vinton bibliwho at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 12 11:37:52 EST 2014

I inherited a system architecture with lots & lots of quirks --
consumer grade routers used as access points, etc. -- & we're
currently seeking to upgrade our wireless network.

I'm far from an expert in this area & our Town doesn't have in-house
expertise either.

We've solicited proposals from several local IT firms, but other than
offering a general statement of goals -- improved performance &
reliability, much better reporting/ data logging capabilities, etc. --
I don't have a good enough handle on what questions I should be
asking, or on the criteria I should be using to evaluate the
proposals.

Anyone have thoughts/ resources to provide some guidance, or perhaps
examples of RFPs/ best practices for libraries, that would help me
become a more educated decision-maker?

Many thanks in advance,

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library