Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives (CCLA) Survey

Roy Tennant roytennant at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 27 10:24:10 EDT 2014

Forwarded by request.
Roy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christina <manzo.christina at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM

 On behalf of our partners at Dartmouth College and Boston Public Library,
we are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new initiative, funded
by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), that will examine
how libraries, archives, and museums, can most effectively use
crowdsourcing techniques to augment their collections and enhance their
patrons’ experience!
This initiative, provisionally entitled the Crowdsourcing Consortium for
Libraries and Archives (CCLA), will employ a series of meetings and
webinars to collect, examine, and share the most recent, cutting-edge
technologies, tools, and platforms and accompanying best practices in the
field.  The goal of the CCLA is to create a forum that enables all
interested stakeholders to join a national conversation about the most
pressing needs and challenges regarding the development and deployment of
crowdsourcing technologies in the cultural heritage domain.
As a first step in this process, we want to hear from you!

The CCLA team invites you to take *a short 10-minute survey*
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CGHJL7B> to share your thoughts on the
current state of crowdsourcing in libraries, museums, and other cultural
heritage institutions. Your opinions and insights will directly inform the
agenda of upcoming CCLA activities and events, influence the discourse of
current and future discussions, and have the potential to translate into
real-world applications.

Thank you!

P.S.To stay informed about upcoming CCLA events, please follow us on
Twitter: @crowdconsortium

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-08-27