2 Technology Position at the University of Arizona Libraries

Frumkin, Jeremy A - (frumkinj) frumkinj at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Aug 26 14:29:23 EDT 2014

We are seeking creative, dedicated, and collaborative individuals to join our newly-formed User Experience Department at the University of Arizona Libraries. We strive to improve all aspects of the student and faculty experience through elegant code, agile development, and user-centered design. Our fun and talented staff embrace learning and growth through risk and experimentation, and we are eager to partner with other campus units, academic libraries, and private enterprise to pioneer new ways to enhance teaching, research, and learning on our campus and beyond. Consider joining us in sunny Tucson!

The Applications Systems Analyst/Developer, Senior<http://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=213370> will play a key role in the development and improvement of web and internal applications in support of our internal business operations as well as externally-facing services. You will develop applications and create scripts; design, write, test and maintain software codes; and consult with, analyze and evaluate user requests and requirements and recommend solutions. Salary: $54,944 annually. First Review of Applications: 9/22/14.

The Systems Administrator, Senior<http://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=213367> will play a key role in the development and improvement of server infrastructure. Part of the UX-IT Operations work team, you will collaborate with other technology staff in administrating current production and development systems, with a focus on Linux systems. Salary:  $54,944 annually. First Review of Applications: 9/22/14.

Please share broadly with anyone you know you might be interested!

-- jaf

Jeremy Frumkin
Assistant Dean / Chief Technology Strategist
University of Arizona Libraries

+1 520.626.7296
jaf at arizona.edu
"To clarify, add detail. Imagine that, to clarify, add detail. Clutter and overload are not attributes of information, they are failures of design. If the information is in chaos, don’t start throwing out information, instead fix the design."

—Edward Tufte

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-08-26