Fwd: REMINDER: Netspeed 2014 Call for Speakers

Sergy, Lauren lsergy at THEALBERTALIBRARY.AB.CA
Thu Apr 3 14:23:57 EDT 2014

*Have you submitted your session proposal to Netspeed yet?  The deadline is
April 18 and there will be no extensions, so get those proposals in! *

*Please distribute the following notice to your internal staff, students,
and association members*

*The Alberta Library invites you to be a part of Netspeed: The Human Side
Of Technology.  We are accepting session proposals for this year's
conference, to be held October 16 and 17, 2014 at the **Edmonton Marriott
at River Cree Resort*<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yegmc-edmonton-marriott-at-river-cree-resort/>*
in Edmonton, AB.*

*Netspeed is a leading library technology conference that connects
librarians, library technicians, and information technology staff from
public, academic, government, and special libraries from Western Canada and
beyond. Technology is embedded in virtually every aspect of the library
experience and the Netspeed conference addresses this convergence of people
and technology.*

*We offer learning experiences that include lectures, discussion,
technology demonstrations, resource and equipment vendors, forums for
conversation, and more.  Presenters have the opportunity to address a wide
range of delegates, boost their professional profile, and participate in
engaged knowledge sharing.*

*We are seeking 50 minute presentations that address the following areas of
focus: *

·         Transforming library service through technology

·         Emerging technology trends affecting the nature of library work

·         The role libraries can play in the evolving connection economy

·         Newly licensed resources, websites, apps, and collaboration tools

·         Marketing, metrics, and methods for evaluating digital impact

·         Innovative strategies to build digital and information literacy
skills

Do you have a great idea for a topic not listed above?  We welcome
proposals for sessions outside of our recommended areas of focus.  Formats
such as demonstrations, hands-on workshops, panels, facilitated discussions
and group strategy development are encouraged.

*Presenter information*

Accepted presentations will receive one complimentary conference
registration per session.  Proposals will be accepted through an
online form<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J7BJLZ8>and must be
received by April 18, 2014.

For more information contact Lauren Sergy at
lsergy at thealbertalibrary.ab.caor at 780-414-0805 ext. 230.

We look forward to your proposals and participation in Netspeed 2014!

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-04-03