Library Juice Academy - upcoming courses, news

Rory Litwin rlitwin at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 18 15:45:25 EDT 2013

Library Juice Academy - Upcoming Courses, News

Apologies for cross-posting. Please share as appropriate.

August

Embedded Librarianship
Instructor: Courtney Mlinar | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost $175

Do-It-Yourself Usability Testing
Instructor: Rebecca Blakiston | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Introduction to XML
Instructor: Robert Chavez | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost $175

Bilingual Storytime at Your Biblioteca
Instructor: Katie Scherrer | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

The Librarian as Scholar: Taking Part in Scholarly Communication
Instructor: Julia Skinner | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Social Media for Libraries
Instructor: Julia Skinner | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Introduction to Genealogical Librarianship
Instructor: Sarah A. V. Kirby | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Introduction to Book Indexing
Instructor: Joanne Sprott | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

“What do I do with all these Images?” Getting Started with Digital Image Collections
Instructor: Beth Knazook | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

September

Cataloging for the Non-Cataloger
Instructor: Helen Gbala | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Academia 101: A Crash Course on How Colleges and Universities Work
Instructor: Annie Downie | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Introduction to Internal Research for Librarians
Instructor: Su Epstein | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Student Staff Development
Instructor: Jeremy McGinniss | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost $175

Introduction to Archives Administration and Management
Instructor: Christine D'Arpa | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Describing Photographs for the Online Catalogue
Instructor: Beth Knazook | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Beyond Usability Testing: Other Research Methods
Instructor: Sonali Mishra | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Transforming and Querying XML: An introduction to the XSLT and Xquery
Instructor: Robert Chavez | Credits: 1.5 CEUs | Cost: $175

Partnerships

Library Juice Academy would like to announce that we have entered into partnership agreements with a number of organizations, and would be interested in forming more such partnerships. We have agreements with the Metropolitan Library Council or NYC (METRO), Missouri's MOBIUS Consortium, and the SLA Solo Division that involve discounts on classes to members and member libraries in exchange for promotional activities. Please contact us if your library agency or association might be interested in such an arrangement.

Joining Library Juice

We also want to announce that individuals and institutions can now "Join Library Juice." For an annual fee of $50 for individuals or $300 for institutions, members get benefits including a 20% discount on classes, downloads of DRM-free PDFs of Library Juice Press and Litwin Books backlist titles, a monthly book giveaway, and community communication channels. For more information, visit http://libraryjuice.com/.

Other Things You Might Want to Look Into

If you haven't heard of Library Juice Press, you may want to look us up. Our titles have primarily been in the LIS field, for an audience of librarians.

Library Juice Press has this year announced a paper contest which has a prize of $1000. Information about the paper contest is on the Library Juice Press website.

Some of your questions about Library Juice Academy may be answered by our FAQ page: http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/faq.php .

Library Juice Academy is a corporate member of the American Library Association.

Library Juice Academy
P.O. Box 188784
Sacramento, CA 95818
Tel. 218-260-6115
inquiries at libraryjuiceacademy.com
http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/

Consider donating to our scholarship fund:
http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/sponsoralibrarian/

Check out our jingle:
http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/news/?p=139

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/