Searching for pages that contain a particular URL

Cockerill, Alan alan.cockerill at JCU.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 28 22:20:13 EDT 2013

Back in the day if I was considering moving or deleting a page I would use Alta Vista (on my coal-fired ENIAC) to see if other sites were linking to it and inform the webmaster (in those days, kids, there were only 3 of us).

The search syntax was:

Link:http://www.thatdomain.com/directory/pagename.html

And A-V would list all the pages/sites that contained an a href to that link.

I may be having a seniors moment but I can't find anything that does that now.  And A-V passed just last month (I'm sorry for your loss).

Is there an alternative way of doing this?

Cheers, Alan.

Alan Cockerill
Library Technologies Coordinator
James Cook University