QR codes and accessibility

Lars Aronsson lars at ARONSSON.SE
Sat Sep 1 17:13:30 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-31 21:29, Deborah Stanley wrote:
> Presumably if someone has a phone with an app that can read print
> (i.e. hard copy print such as posters, fliers, handouts), we could put
> the URL next to the QR code, so that the phone could read it.

The QR code *is* a URL that brings up a web page in
the smart phone. That web page could/should of course
be friendly to the visually impaired. But how do they
find the QR code? Maybe some braille text next to it?
And what kind of smart phones do your visually impaired
users typically carry?

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)