The (Mini) MOOCs Meet Info Lit ?

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sun Oct 14 15:23:57 EDT 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

I am greatly interested in learning of any / all initiatives that link  *lecture capture* content to Info Lit initiatives.

Specifically, I am interested in learning about efforts that integrate lecture capture recordings within

> A basic info lit class web page (ISU has a 1/2 semester required class titled "Library 160" in Blackboard Learn) [  http://instr.iastate.libguides.com/Library160 ]

> LibGuides (or other digital user guides) > The lecture capture recording would explain the use of the LibGuide

> Library presentations / seminars / workshop > As a substitute / supplement / review

I am *not* interested in multimedia per se in these InfoLit resources, but in lecture capture content that *explains* the resource to which it is linked.

As one would expect there are number of lecture capture options

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecture_recording]

BTW: ISU uses Panopto  [ http://www.panopto.com/lecture-capture ]

ISU Page  [ http://panopto.its.iastate.edu/Panopto/Pages/Default.aspx ]

BTW-1: Panopto integrates very well within Blackboard ...

Note: If you are aware of any initiatives, please leave as a comment on this blog post

[ http://ref-notes.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-mini-moocs-meets-info-lit.html ]

as well as posting to The List(s)

Thanks for your assistance !

/Gerry