Evanced Hosting

Christine Ayar Illichmann cayar at EVANCEDSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Nov 27 16:13:10 EST 2012

Hi Inge and Web4Lib Members -

Our current pricing for hosting is based on service population.  The per module price per year for a library community the size of Porter County (about 128,000) would be $300.  So, for the three modules you mentioned, the total price per year would be $900 in hosting fees.  For dynamic database hosting, this is quite competitive.  We agree that hosting has been unreliable and we are in the process of migrating all customers to Amazon servers which are far more stable.  That migration will be completed by March.  We are setting up a world class system with multiple levels of failover protection and we expect 99.999% uptime once everyone is there.

I just wanted to provide clarification about our pricing and our hosting goals as I know it impacts many members of the Web4Lib community.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

With Thanks,
Christine

Christine Ayar Illichmann, MLIS
Marketing Coordinator