Locking down IE on public computers

Riesner, Giles W. GRIESNER at CCBCMD.EDU
Fri Jan 13 16:14:23 EST 2012

We had done this a number of years back making some of our Library PC's
"Catalog Only" stations.

I put together the details along the line and have a 2 pager or so
available from:

http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/~griesner/CCBCLIB/OpacOnly-details.pdf

Years back in the Library we used Fortres to lock down our PCs and since
then the College moved to

Using the Centurion Guard (hardware/software combo) and Drive Shield
(software only) and now

Deep Freeze. All do the same as Steady State but cost you some money for
the solution.

I'll be glad to answer any questions about what we're doing now or have
done in the past.

Giles W. Riesner, Jr. | Lead Library Technician , Library Technology

The Community College of Baltimore County   | 800 South Rolling Road |
Catonsville, MD 21228 USA
Phone:  1-443-840-2736 | Fax: 1-410-455-6436 | Email:
griesner at ccbcmd.edu

CCBC. The incredible value of education.