[Web4lib] Library Security Systems for materials

Kristi Bryant kbryant at wellstown.org
Wed Nov 2 14:55:58 EDT 2011

Loss Prevention Security Systems We currently use a 3M security system in our library to tag and alarm our books, audio, video, magazine items. We are looking for alternatives...
We have used a 3M system to tag, sensitize and desensitize our items for 15+ years now. The alarms often go off (esp. for audio and video materials), even though we have desensitized (turned off) the alarm. Do other libraries experience this problem, and if so have they resolved it? Please share your experience and also any alternatives that are working for your library! Thank you!!

Kristi Bryant
Reference and Technology Librarian
Wells Public Library
Wells, Maine  04090
207-646-8181 ext. 205
e-mail:  kbryant at wellstown.org
web:  www.wellstown.org<http://www.wellstown.org/>

"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one."  Neil Gaiman