[Web4lib] joomla?

Mutch, Andrew AMutch at twp.waterford.mi.us
Fri May 6 09:50:58 EDT 2011

Margaret,

For a small group, I generally direct people to WordPress. It's usually very easy to set up and more importantly, easy to manage and update. In my experience, most people can get themselves around a WordPress site and do the basic tasks of adding and editing content without needing much assistance. You also can configure it to look more like a tradional web site and less like a blogging platform, if that's what people need. I manage Drupal and Joomla sites and both have their strengths and weaknesses. But unless I'm going to be managing the site or know there's someone with a more technical background to manage them, they require more work and knowledge than most people have or want to spend on a basic web site. Once you do the initial setup and configuration of a WordPress site, my experience is that it doesn't require much additional tweaking to keep in running.

Good luck!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library