[Web4lib] joomla?

Jorge Serrano Cobos jorgeserrano at gmail.com
Fri May 6 03:20:29 EDT 2011

We work (also programming) regularly with Joomla, Drupal, Typo3,
Wordpress, Dotnetnuke, (and other software, not only CMS, like Koha,
Magento, etc.)

It just depends on what you want to develope.

If it´s "little", with just news and sections-subsections-pages with
text and photos, it can be more than enough with Wordpress. And
Wordpress is moving towards something with much more potential, and is
very easy to use.

More complex? Different roles? Maybe an OPAC involved? Need strong
search features? More than one language? Then Drupal 7 can be your
choice.

Joomla is ok, great, but drupal, and specifically drupal 7, is so so
easy to admin... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRW7FALA88

Again, it depends on the specific features you are thinking on. Hope that helps,

--
Jorge Serrano-Cobos
http://www.masmedios.com

Social: