Web 2.0 Experiences

Kim Lehn rajunask1 at OWLS.SOUTHERNCT.EDU
Sat Dec 3 22:13:10 EST 2011

Hi Michael,

The public library that I frequently use has a Facebook and a Twitter account.  It
has almost 500 people who "Like" them on Facebook, and about 80 followers on
Twitter.  It is interesting to me that they post different information on both.  The
Facebook account has fewer updates and usually posts about upcoming events.
Other than the library posts, there is very little activity on the account. The
Twitter account is updated almost daily, letting followers know about upcoming
events.  If there is no event to post about they share other tidbits of information
about the library.

I am guessing that they are managed by two different people.  Personally I think
they should update on Facebook more because there are way more followers.  I
also don't think that it is a waste of time, it is just one more way to reach out to
patrons.  To me it is easier to learn about library events through the news-feeds
rather than visiting the library websites.

Kim Lehn
MLS Student
Southern Connecticut State University