[Web4lib] Greenstone For Dummy (Me)

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:59:10 EST 2010

Hi Michael,

It's a bit unclear which platform you're trying to install Greenstone on: Windows 7, Windows XP, or Ubuntu? From what I understand, it should just be a download-and-run deal. Are you following the Greenstone installation guide?

http://www.greenstone.org/manuals/gsdl2/en/html/Chapter_installation_procedure.htm

If so, what steps are you having trouble with?

I realize you're running it through VirtualBox. Is it Windows 7 -> VirtualBox -> Ubuntu Server? Or Windows XP -> VirtualBox -> Ubuntu?

You may also want to post to the code4lib list, to see if anyone there can help too.

IMHO Greenstone 2 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Have you explored other options?

-Andrew