[Web4lib] Converting DVDs to .flv files

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:41:34 EST 2010

Hi Shauna,

One factor that could be affecting your results is the hardware
platform on which the conversion is taking place. You said the source
file is on your server? Maybe your network doesn't have enough
throughput to keep the audio and video decoding in sync. Can you copy
a short source file to your local machine and try the again?

Are you seeing the audio and video fall out of sync in real-time,
while the conversion is taking place, or is it only noticed on
playback?

The answers to these questions can help you narrow down your web
search(es) to more specific problems and possible solutions.

Sharon

Sharon M. Foster, JD, MLS
Technology Librarian
http://firstgentrekkie.blogspot.com/
"Have you tried switching it off and on again?"