[Web4lib] Mobile Services

Lenard Lawless Lenard_Lawless at cbu.ca
Tue Aug 31 10:50:14 EDT 2010

Hey,

Libraryh3lp is a great chat reference tool that also has an interface to
allow text messages.  Last I heard was that it required a Google Android
based phone to handle the actual texting, but those are getting cheaper
all the time.  The librarian interface looks exactly like all the other
chat reference sessions, but has a small SMS tag in the username.  The
only downside is that if you miss that tag, you might start typing away
without thinking about the size constraint of text messages.

Cheers,
Len

Lenard Lawless
Access Services Librarian