[Web4lib] Need to have different distros for testing.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Sat Apr 24 10:53:49 EDT 2010

Hello all.

I would like to hear if possible your comments and advice on this .
Thanks in advance.

What if you have a to have several OS and distros to study or give
consulting and developing services and have diffrenet configurations
of the users's scenarios. I have this schemanow and I guess I have
this options.

- Extra disk(s) and install there the different os I need (FreeBSD
and some Linux distros).
- As mentioned have different small disk with real installations and
change according to needs.
- Change my slow machine and have a big one with
   a) have the windows needed (for some clients that have that, I am
sorry) and under it run VMWARE or similar and have all the
installations that I need.
   b) Have a big mac and do the same with virtualpc or similar (not
sure of the name).

Thinking that you are looking to continue learning and you are
offering consulting services where clients have different
installations. What would you choose of the above, if any? Or what
would you do?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Biquez