[Web4lib] Request from Academic Libraries about Charging for Printing

Riesner, Giles GRIESNER at ccbcmd.edu
Wed May 20 12:18:19 EDT 2009

We at the Catonsville Campus of the Community College of Baltimore County have
been charging for printing since about 1996 now. Pay Printing came to the Dundalk
and Essex campuses a bit later -- only a few years ago, due to problems at those
campuses with people printing out excess amounts (entire books) and not picking it up.
It also brought the 3 campuses together on the same page with printing in the Libraries.

I've answered your questions below the questions themselves. Please feel free to contact
me directly if you need additional information or to stop by one of the Libraries to see
it in action.

Giles W. Riesner, Jr. | Library Tech Support
The Community College of Baltimore County | 800 South Rolling Road | Catonsville, MD 21228 USA
Phone: 1-443-840-4245  |  Fax: 1-443-840-4606  |  E-Mail: griesner at ccbcmd.edu
CCBC. The incredible value of education.