[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:44:46 EDT 2009

Ah, but "New platforms add another element to diversity of communication
channels" doesn't make for headline journalism, where "DEATH OF X IMMINENT!"
is always hot stuff.

And where would we be without the biennial note that lists (and email) are
universally dead, since User X (or, worse, Pundit Y) prefers some other
form?

Maybe we should form a Ning, build a wiki, and create a Facebook page so
that we can discuss the death of lists in contemporary fora. Chances are, it
would take a while to get 4,790 participants...

-walt crawford-