[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Tue Jun 30 10:59:07 EDT 2009

Frankly, any librarian that ignores e-mail lists because they don't like e-mail is not doing their job.  I hate taking phone calls from vendors but I still do it because I need to do so in order to do my job.  I also feel that other librarians that ignore the newer modes of communication are not fully doing their job especially if they work in systems librarianship or web design or instruction.  As far as silos go, you have to store the information somewhere.  You don't see farmers spreading their grain or corn out across open fields.  All data and information is stored in some kind of information silo.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.