[Web4lib] Open source support models

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Thu Jul 10 10:16:45 EDT 2008

We not only offer commercial support for a FOSS products -- Drupal and
related tools -- but we consume it as well. We use the supported
version of Xen Virtualization platform. This has allowed us to get up
and running with a mission critical system that has a pretty steep
learning curve. It also provided a very nice non-OSS management tool.

We did the same thing when we started offering hosted Linux solutions.
Although we had experience with Unix platforms like Solaris, DecOS,
and had worked in-house with a range of Linux distributions, we bought
the RedHat Enterprise Linux platform, so that we could get access to
their update and support systems. As we got more comfortable with that
platform, we moved to RHEL's free cousin, CentOS.

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com