[Web4lib] Library Staff Scheduler

Deb Bergeron bergeron at macalester.edu
Wed Sep 5 10:44:03 EDT 2007

Sharon,

Kudos to you for taking this on!

 In looking at your wiki and your requirements list, we could use this
in a completely different way.  We're an academic consortium with 14
libraries.  I can see this type of application working for us in two ways:

1. Manage our  courier schedule.
2. Manage library hours.  With so many libraries, hours vary greatly.

Is this the type of 'unique requirements' you're looking for from other
libraries?

Thanks,

Deb

Sharon Foster wrote:
> I've set up a wiki to collect software requirements for a Library
> Staff Scheduler. Initially it's intended for use by public libraries,
> because that's what I'm most familiar with, but I'd also like to
> incorporate any unique requirements from other kinds of libraries.
>
> I know there is at least one implementation of this type of
> application at http://sourceforge.net/projects/empscheduler/, and I
> fully expect to use that project as the starting point for the
> implementation of this one, but the demo page is missing or broken,
> the project itself hasn't been updated since 12/2004, and it doesn't
> particularly address the special requirements of library staffing.
>
> The wiki is at http://libstaff.pbwiki.com/ and the password is librarygeek.
>
> (aside: I started it with WetPaint, but there are so many ads on each
> page that I thought it was too distracting. Free PBWiki may not have
> the variety of themes that WetPaint has, but it also doesn't have all
> those annoying ads.)

Remember: Choose nutritious edible weeds for snacks!
Deb Bergeron
System Administrator User Support
CLIC
1619 Dayton Ave. Suite 204A