[Web4lib] An Analysis Of Open Source ILS Market Penetration

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Oct 16 14:58:04 EDT 2007

Hi Bob,

I was very surprised at the numbers you gave, and still a bit unclear
about where you got them from ... especially on the Koha side. What
is your definition of a library? library system? For instance, the
Crawford County Federated Library System is a group of 10 libraries,
each with their own directors, though they run a single installation
of Koha. Similarly, there are 46 libraries in PINES, which run
under a single installation of Evergreen.

Could you clarify where you're getting the data from and what your
definitions are? (just looking at Marshall's site for instance,
doing a search on Public Libraries in the US running Koha I come up
with 61, and I know for sure Marshall's site isn't up to date with
all the US Koha libraries in the US).

Cheers,