[Web4lib] Digital Signage in Libraries

Lawrence Milliken MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
Wed Jan 17 11:04:02 EST 2007

This is a very timely thread for me since my director and I were just
talking about this, oh, 20 min. ago.

We'd love to try this out, I just saw some "cheap" 30-something inch
LCD displays in the $500-700 range that we could afford.  That is a lot
better than the $2,000 quote we just got for a 5-line 4-color LED
display.

One question, though, is what kind of video card power is needed to
drive a LCD that big.  Let's say 37" at 1300x768?

Even if I have to buy a new video card it sure looks like an affordable
way to leave the rolling whiteboard stand behind!

Best,

Larry

Larry Milliken
Reference Librarian
Neumann College Library

>>> Jeff Wisniewski <jeffw+ at pitt.edu> 01/17/07 7:39 AM >>>
Hi Chris, We're currently putting together content for our LCD
signage using Flash and running it using the free flash viewer.

Jeff

Jeff Wisniewski
Web Services Librarian
University Library System