[Web4lib] Interesting article about the future of thelibrarycatalog

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Tue Jan 16 23:44:03 EST 2007

I basically suggested exactly this several years ago in these Library
Journal Columns:

Library Catalogs: the Wrong Solution
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA273959.html
"Most integrated library systems, as they are currently configured and used,
should be removed from public view."

The Right Solution: Federated Search Tools
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA302427.html

Roy