[Web4lib] Web browsers and library databases

Sara Brownmiller snb at uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 6 19:41:58 EDT 2007

We are upgrading our public workstations this fall and are reviewing
whether to offer only Internet Explorer or whether to also offer
Firefox.  Has anyone compiled a list of databases/resources typically
offered by a library and whether they are fully compatible with the
major browsers and versions?  For example, do most databases perform as
expected in Internet Explorer 7, as opposed to 6?  Do you get good
performance with Firefox?  Do you know of databases/resources that
specifically have problems either with IE7 or with Firefox?

I've done some quick Web searching and haven't seen anything that might
provide an answer.

thanks, Sara

--

Sara Brownmiller  . . . . . . . . . . . University of Oregon Libraries
Director, Library Systems . . . . . . . 1299 University of Oregon