[Web4lib] How to handle emails to staff from public computers

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Wed Oct 25 17:35:55 EDT 2006

 We have a generic email address for the library.  It used to be, when
we had GroupWise, this just forwarded to a staff member (me!) that then
dealt with them or forwarded accordingly.  Now, with Outlook, it goes
into a "Public Folder" where I and another staff member read them
periodically and respond or forward as necessary.  That way they don't
have individual staff member's emails (if that's a concern), but get a
response.  The response, however, comes from an individual (we can't
change this).

Hope this helps.
Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian