[Web4lib] Seeking Recommendations for a Good, Simple Message Board

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:05:18 EST 2006

I'm coming late to this thread so I apologize if things have already
been mentioned. I have to agree with phpBB though I think it is in
part to feature-itis. I haven't tried FUDforum but some simple boards
are:

bbpress - http://bbpress.org/
(from creators of wordpress)

punbb - http://www.punbb.org/
(used by quite a few that moved away from phpbb)

vanillia - http://getvanilla.com/
(quite a bit different design then most forums)

Ryan Eby