[Web4lib] Authors name standardization. Your opinion?

Julie Nye J.Nye at oclcpica.org
Mon Nov 13 13:58:14 EST 2006

kc wrote:

> An author ID would solve part of the problem -- that is, it could make

Isn't there a "party identifier" scheme under discussion now that would
do essentially this, for personal and corporate authors?

http://collectionscanada.ca/iso/tc46sc9/27729.htm

--------------------------
Julie Blume Nye, Product Manager/Analyst
OCLC PICA Inc.
407 River Trace Dr.
Rougemont, NC 27572
Office: 336-364-2607 or  913-239-1210
Fax: 336-364-4224    Cell:  919-971-2496
E-mail: j.nye at oclcpica.org
www.oclcpica.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DISCLAIMER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The information in this electronic mail message is private and may be
confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the recipient. Should
you receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message is
prohibited. Please delete this message and notify the sender immediately
by return email. OCLC PICA accepts no liability for the improper
transmission of information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
email and attachments are free from any virus, we do advise you to scan
attachments before opening them.