[Web4lib] Gracefully degrades to..?

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:09:04 EDT 2006

I'm in favor of not making any statement as to what browsers you support, or
that the site works well with, but instead stating under what standards your
site validates.   Behind the scenes, I'm in favor of testing the top n
browsers that represent say 95% of your usage, and doing tweaks if  not too
painful to accommodate quirks in particular browsers.

Then you can say "We developed this site to meet current HTML standards as
well as usability and accessibility standards.  The site should function
well with Web browsers that implement current standards."

If you want to press the point, announce you don't support Netscape 4.x or
earlier.  :-)

/rich