[Web4lib] Flickr -> Blog

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Dec 13 00:05:13 EST 2006

Michael J. Dargan wrote:
> Hello--
>
> I'm trying to figure out an easy way to get a Flickr slideshow to run in my
> blogspot.com blog.  I am able to link to it, of course.  And, I figured out
> how use the graphic insertion tool insert the URL to the slideshow and end
> up with a broken graphic that launches the slideshow when clicked.
>
> However, I think it would be cool to have the slideshow automatically start
> running as soon as the blog entry comes up on the screen.  Is this
> something
> that a web wannabe can reasonably expect to accomplish?

Basically you embed the thing using an iFrame:

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yourUserName/sets/1234567"
frameborder="0" height="500" scrolling="no" width="500"></iframe>

There are two examples ('all photos' and 'sets') here:
http://www.flickr.com/forums/help/15711/?search=iFrame+slideshow

LEO

New Blog:
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com