[Web4lib] New server up & running - well, sort of

Lynne Puckett lpuckett at billings.lib.mt.us
Thu Sep 15 11:04:17 EDT 2005

Howdy!
I have my new server running our web page - hooray! I
uninstalled/re-installed IIS6 to do it, and made NO changes to default
settings except file locations.

Now for my questions:

1. Do I need to put in the host header address?

2. I have gobs of good info on securing the server - what are the most
important things to do along that line? I don't have FTP or Telnet
installed at all.

3. What am I missing (more or less rhetorical, but if there's something
obvious, I'd appreciate the info!)?

Thanks!
Lynne
--
L. E. Puckett
Reference & Electronic Systems Librarian