[Web4lib] Re: Desktop weather alerting?

MichaelMay.6149485 at bloglines.com MichaelMay.6149485 at bloglines.com
Thu May 19 12:41:01 EDT 2005

This "warning" widget looks interesting, but it says Mac only.

I'm thinking
about trying Weather Watcher at http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWeatherWatcher.asp

The National Weather Services has RSS feeds for alerts by states and counties/zones
at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/alerts/

Is there an easy way to get RSS feeds
to open in pop-up windows on a desktop, or something along those lines?

Also, for Firefox users, there's a weather extension called ForecastFox at
http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

Mike

--- Peter Murray <peter at OhioLINK.edu
wrote:
Konfabulator also has a "Weather Warning" widget.

>    http://www.widgetgallery.com/view.php?widget=35877

> To keep this web related, the description goes on to say that it hits

> the National Weather Service website to get updates.  Pretty neat.
>

> Peter
>
> On 5/19/05 9:46 AM, Alnisa Allgood wrote:
> > I use
the weather widget that's part of Konfabulator
> > http://www.konfabulator.com
 which now works on Macs and PCs.  It's not
> > really an alert, it's more
of an updated weather forecast. It's set to
> > update every 30 minutes
and pulls data from  weather.com I believe. It
> > has both graphical and
text display.   I can't recall if attachments are
> > allowed for this group,
but if so, below you'll see a screen shot.

                      http://www.pandc.org/peter/work/
> Assistant Director,
Multimedia Systems  tel:+1-614-728-3600;ext=338
> OhioLINK: the Ohio Library
and Information Network   Columbus, Ohio