[Web4lib] RE: library automation vendors

Matthew J. Dovey matthew.dovey at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 17:16:32 EDT 2005

Not everyone on this list would necessarily have access to such
resources.

However, the reason I searched on the web was because I was looking for
something I had first seen on the web 6 years ago - the web is the
obvious place to look for something previously seen on the web.

What I found wasn't the article itself but various pages linking to it -
or rather linking to a 404 where it used to be, and the Internet Archive
is the natural place to look for missing web pages.

I didn't think of looking in a licensed database for something first
seen on the web nor for a missing web page - I suspect that I'm not
abnormal in this...

However, I do agree with the underlying sentiment that the web is not
the end all and be all of information sources...

Matthew