[Web4lib] Another Google question

Jorge Serrano Cobos jorgeserrano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:44:43 EDT 2005

The keyword here (about the original question of Bernie) is SPAM.
 SEO´s and spammers are querying the search engine´s database constantly
about how many and what kind of links are pointing to certain website, in
order to obtain those links to rank better. And the search engine knows
that.
 SEO´s community agrees that it shows only "a representative percentage of
links". Others say it shows only links from webs with more than 4 PR
(Pagerank).
 You can compare this with Yahoo, for instance with
www.loc.gov<http://www.loc.gov>
:
 Google
Command: link
Links: 24700

http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&newwindow=1&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-43%2CGGLD%3Aes&q=link%3Awww.loc.gov&meta
=
 Yahoo
Command: linkdomain
Links:1.910.000
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=linkdomain%3Awww.loc.gov&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&fl=0&x=wrt
 Cheers and sorry for my english (I´m spaniard),
 --
Jorge Serrano Cobos
Information Architect