WAG the Dog PHP Web Localizer

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:00:20 EST 2005

[Pardon the crosslistings]
Hi all,

I have just released the first version of the Web Localizer to the WAG
the Dog Sourceforge site.

This is a slightly more sophisticated extension of Peter Binkley's and
Art Rhyno's Google Scholar/OpenURL Firefox extension/bookmarklet.

An explanation (and demo) of what it does and will hopefully do in the
future can be found here:
http://rsinger.library.gatech.edu/localizer/localizer.html

You can download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gslocal/

More information about WAG the Dog can be found here:
http://gslocal.sourceforge.net/

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.  There are
currently only two "plugins" that it uses, a very generic one that
rewrites links of any page you are at to go through your local proxy and
a more specific one for Google Scholar.

The latter should make it easy to create similar plugins for other
sites, like Scirus or Questia.com or any site that has a fairly standard
way of presenting content.

Thanks,
-Ross Singer.