[WEB4LIB] Re: "Generation shifts" and technology

Dobbs, Aaron DobbsA at apsu.edu
Thu Jan 6 14:41:21 EST 2005

I wonder if there is also a correlation between someone's "internet age"
(how many years one has been online - and I'm not sure that years of AOL
use should count ;) and their facility with online resources.
Similarly, one's "computer age" (years of computer experience) and, yes,
one's "library age" as well.

Be that as it may, "GenX" and "GenY" are arbitrary misnomers as well :)
(Technically, I'm "GenX" since I was born in the late 1960s, but I
subjectively feel I have much more in common with the 1955 - 1965
cohort-which-is-not-named-and-does-not-map-to-any-official-generation
than I do with the 1965 - 1975
cohort-which-is-not-named-and-does-not-map-to-any-official-generation)

-Aaron
:-)'

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities."
- Voltaire